Skip to main content
Topic: An ARTIX wishlist (add your own) (Read 4222 times) previous topic - next topic

An ARTIX wishlist (add your own)

1a  I would like onion repositories and a tor-proxy for pacman
1b  To be able to add direct torproject.org repositories like those on debian/devuan/ubuntu for their packages.

2  Grub:  To be able to update it and be able to get correct entries for other arch based installations so I don't have to copy paste manually each one everytime their entry changes.

Re: An ARTIX wishlist (add your own)

Reply #1
3: sinit, sbase and other suckless projects support
ARMtix

Reply #2
MY wish list is for Artix to become a major player in Linux

Reply #3
Gosh, not much.  How about?

a) The real principles (and thoughtful caution) of Slackware (and related);
b) The rugged core (and modular flexibility) of Gentoo (and related);
c) The fulsome documentation (and vibrant community) of Arch (and related);
d) The strong stability (and staying power) of Fedora (and related); and
e) The varied utility (and software riches) of Debian (and related).

Possessing only one or two of these traits, while completely lacking all the others, is precisely what hampers many presently existing (and most extinct) distros, IMHO.

Reply #4
1. i want Pacman to be able to install different versions of the same package like Gentoo/Funtoo
2 Something like eselect for example in Gentoo/Funtoo you can have multiple version of wine and select which one to use using eselect
3 something better than Yaourt /Packer to be able to compile
4 playonlinux version 5 the one that doent relay on python.
5  firefox package without dependency of pulseaudio, in Gentoo/Funtoo we have that and the sound work with alsa. 

Reply #5
I'd like to remove udev dependencies completely

Reply #7
1a  I would like onion repositories and a tor-proxy for pacman
1b  To be able to add direct torproject.org repositories like those on debian/devuan/ubuntu for their packages.

2  Grub:  To be able to update it and be able to get correct entries for other arch based installations so I don't have to copy paste manually each one everytime their entry changes.

3: sinit, sbase and other suckless projects support

MY wish list is for Artix to become a major player in Linux

Gosh, not much.  How about?

a) The real principles (and thoughtful caution) of Slackware (and related);
b) The rugged core (and modular flexibility) of Gentoo (and related);
c) The fulsome documentation (and vibrant community) of Arch (and related);
d) The strong stability (and staying power) of Fedora (and related); and
e) The varied utility (and software riches) of Debian (and related).

+All of the above.

+Improved Calamares (dualboot installs, encryption cipher/algorithm/iter counts configurable) and alternative installers on live disks.

+Torrent files for isos (great for checksumming, and helping with rubbish internet connections)

+Get all the packages from arch repos and more on our repos, and remove need of arch's repos in our pacman.conf

+More server mirrors

+Paid devs or non-profit affilation backed Artix

+More https/tls

+default Wayland and rootless xorg

+More wishes

Reply #9
If you have a good upload speed or a seedbox, that is something that can be done by a user: https://www.linux.com/news/create-your-own-distribution-torrents

That's not necessary, our deployment script for iso can generate a torrent with sourceforge mirrors as webseeds.
I just haven't created a torrent yet, next iso gonna have one in the same folder as the iso file on SF.

Reply #10
That's not necessary, our deployment script for iso can generate a torrent with sourceforge mirrors as webseeds.
I just haven't created a torrent yet, next iso gonna have one in the same folder as the iso file on SF.

Sweet! That sounds great. :) Thank you.

Reply #11
My wish is simply some Artix themed wallpapers

Reply #12
My wish is simply some Artix themed wallpapers

Actually, I'm in charge of that.

Check out this repo in order to get the freshest artwork for Artix, wallpapers included. Most of them are actually themed after Artix and a DE. It's likely I will modify some of these over time, especially older ones, like the i3 pape.

Reply #13
Actually, I'm in charge of that.

Check out this repo in order to get the freshest artwork for Artix, wallpapers included. Most of them are actually themed after Artix and a DE. It's likely I will modify some of these over time, especially older ones, like the i3 pape.
Thanks !

Reply #14
With all respect for your work I like the original black green graphics and I dislike this Manjaro-esque 4color flag looking theme.  I was actually was angry when I realized that not only sddm's artix-theme bg was switched by an update but that the original pic vanished/replaced.  I propose to have at least the trend with pacnew/pacsave in stuff like this too.

I replaced it with a bg with a win7 broken window :)