Skip to main content
Topic: I'm new in Artix and I could help. (Read 2393 times) previous topic - next topic

I'm new in Artix and I could help.

Hello, I am new in Artixlinux and It's very cool, I don't like systemd, and Arch+openrc is very nice.

I could help to artix, for example, I see that there is no installation guide for artix-base, it's easy to install and configure artix if you know arch, but some things change a lot because of using openrc instead of systemd, I could write a guide for install, my native language is spanish, my english is not the best but I think that could do it.

Also, I also have decent knowledge about how an arch-based distro and pkgbuilds work, I would not mind, as far as it can help keep certain packages.

Again, I love this distribution, whatever "do not use" systemd seems to me important and that's why I want to collaborate.

Who should I contact for this?

Thanks.

Re: I'm new in Artix and I could help.

Reply #1
We'd be glad to include well-written guides. Please see our site code to get an idea on how it's composed. I'm thinking of adding a wiki when I get the time. In general, people wanting to contribute should check the sources at github and make PRs. That's by the way the fastest path to becoming a regular maintainer of this awesome distro!

Reply #2
We'd be glad to include well-written guides. Please see our site code to get an idea on how it's composed. I'm thinking of adding a wiki when I get the time. In general, people wanting to contribute should check the sources at github and make PRs. That's by the way the fastest path to becoming a regular maintainer of this awesome distro!

It's a great idea a wiki for Artix, but I think that for installation guide, it is enough with another page on this web, like migration.php, I've read the code and it's simple, I would not mind creating a page based on that design doing a PR on github.

Reply #3
Done, I already wrote a basic guide and I made a Pull request, I think this will be of help to many users.

Reply #4
@nous Did you see the PR in github?

I think it's pretty decent and I think it would be a lot of help to a lot of people who are lost to install artix-base.

Reply #5
I'm currently checking it. I'm changing a few things too, like installing pacstrap (we've got basestrap included in the ISO) etc.

Thanks for your work, I'll upload it as soon as possible.

Reply #6
I'm currently checking it. I'm changing a few things too, like installing pacstrap (we've got basestrap included in the ISO) etc.

Thanks for your work, I'll upload it as soon as possible.

Perfect!