Skip to main content
Topic: updates stepping on my configuations (Read 5442 times) previous topic - next topic

updates stepping on my configuations

After all my work, the latest updates upset much of my configurations, particularly with Mariadb.  You have to edit mysqld_safe and I've converted much of the set up to be maria file names rather than mysql, and fixed /etc/passwd and /etc/groups and WHOOSH

The update changed my directory permisions to user mysql and wiped out my customized mariadb safe_mysqld shell script.  WHat is my best means of preventing that from happening while continuing to get updates for the mysqld binary itself?

Re: updates stepping on my configuations

Reply #1
I wiped my passwd file with a pacnew

And no upgrades can be done because the signature on key core pkgs is invalid
error: libsodium: signature from "Cromnix (Buildbot) <[email protected]>" is invalid
The benefits of having a second side by side installation are enormous, especially when you have no root passwd and sudoers was replaced by sudoers.pacnew ............!!!!!!!!

Reply #2
I always protect my important system files with directives like
Code: [Select]
NoUpgrade = etc/passwd etc/group etc/shadow
NoUpgrade = etc/fstab
in /etc/pacman.conf.

Reply #3
I wiped my passwd file with a pacnew

And no upgrades can be done because the signature on key core pkgs is invalid
error: libsodium: signature from "Cromnix (Buildbot) <[email protected]>" is invalid
Clear your package cache (or just the offending package) and re-download.
Also, pacman never overwrites changed files, it creates .pacsaves, unless --force was specified.

Reply #4

Also, pacman never overwrites changed files, it creates .pacsaves, unless --force was specified.
Interesting... May I ask what buildbot should do now if it's also receiving the same error when building jenkins package?

[CUT OUT]

downloading harfbuzz-1.6.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
checking keyring...
checking package integrity...
error: harfbuzz: signature from "Cromnix (Buildbot) <[email protected]>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/harfbuzz-1.6.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)

Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
==> ERROR: 'pacman' failed to install missing dependencies.
==> ERROR: Build failed, check /var/lib/artools/buildpkg/galaxy-testing-x86_64/jenkins/build
script returned exit code 255
If I can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Reply #6

If you can be a little more specific as nothing I tried worked.  The pkg can not be removed as it breaks dependencies, it can't be reinstalled ...  I did remove the pkg from cache, no difference.

What the hell is libsodium anyway?

Managed somehow to remove and reinstall, then the next file had a corrupt signature, imagemagic.
And the list goes on and on .... what happened with the signatures again?

Downloading imagemagick-6.9.9.20-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
Error: failed retrieving file 'imagemagick-6.9.9.20-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror1.artixlinux.org : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
Checking keyring...
Checking integrity...
Error: imagemagick: signature from "Cromnix (Buildbot) <[email protected]>" is invalid

Reply #7
All packages from [world-testing] has been pushed into [world] now, please refresh your databases and re-update again (sudo pacman -Syyu)
If it still doesn't work, manually install the package from [world] repo only : 

sudo pacman -S world/imagemagick

More info : https://github.com/artix-linux/world/pull/29
If I can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Reply #8
All packages from [world-testing] has been pushed into [world] now, please refresh your databases and re-update again (sudo pacman -Syyu)
If it still doesn't work, manually install the package from [world] repo only :

sudo pacman -S world/imagemagick
More info : https://github.com/artix-linux/world/pull/29
Package (1)        Old Version  New Version  Net Change  Download Size

world/imagemagick  6.9.9.19-1  6.9.9.20-1    0.39 MiB      2.24 MiB

Total Download Size:  2.24 MiB
Total Installed Size:  9.96 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.39 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages...
imagemagick-6.9.9.20-1-x86_64                      2.2 MiB  130K/s 00:18 [##########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                            [##########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                          [##########################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                [##########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                          [##########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                        [##########################################] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) upgrading imagemagick                                                [##########################################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Warn about old perl modules
WARNING: '/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl' contains data from at least 4 packages which will NOT be used by the installed perl interpreter.
-> Run the following command to get a list of affected packages: pacman -Qqo '/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl'

Reply #9
WARNING: '/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl' contains data from at least 4 packages which will NOT be used by the installed perl interpreter.
-> Run the following command to get a list of affected packages: pacman -Qqo '/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl'

Do what it's told you. Packages listed from the command[1] are in needed to be rebuild

[1] pacman -Qqo '/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl'

Reply #10
perl-getopt-std-strict
perl-rpc-xml
perl-sys-filesystem
perl-sys-filesystem-mountpoint

???
Ok I did what I was told, I looked at a list of perl pkgs.  And?
This is not normal, for the past 12hrs updates/upgrades have become a big mess.  I'm not even asking for "how to do them" I am asking why is this happening?  And why are pkg signatures mixed up.

Reply #11
I'm not even asking for "how to do them" I am asking why is this happening?

You didn't specify your question in your previous post, you were just copy paste from pacman log.

"The perl package now uses a versioned path for compiled modules. This means that modules built for a non-matching perl version will not be loaded any more and must be rebuilt."[1]

This is usually happens if you are using a perl-based packages from AUR. So everytime there's a new update for perl package, you must rebuild all affected packages against the new perl package before you can use them again.

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/news/perl-library-path-change/

More info :
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2016-May/028034.html

Reply #12
And that is a lesson in the dangers, or frustrations of using AUR packages and not reading the ARCH front page,
 Everybody is effected because its a rolling release their is no other way.

Reply #13
Am getting the same issue with libsodium (removed imagemagick). clearing cache does not help... it seems to be clashing with community package.

bash-4.4.012-2-x86_64                                                                                                                     1427.2 KiB  2.84M/s 00:00 [######################################################################################################] 100%
 libsodium-1.0.15-1-x86_64                                                                                                                  152.9 KiB  4.98M/s 00:00 [######################################################################################################] 100%
(3/3) checking keys in keyring                                                                                                                                       [######################################################################################################] 100%
(3/3) checking package integrity                                                                                                                                     [######################################################################################################] 100%
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libsodium-1.0.15-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Mr Green ArchBang Iso Developer

Reply #14
Am getting the same issue with libsodium (removed imagemagick). clearing cache does not help... it seems to be clashing with community package.

You can try manually install the package as a workaround for this :

• Download the package manually (press 'N' if were asked to remove it )
sudo pacman -Sw libsodium
  • Install the package using -U option from pacman :
sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libsodium-$(expac -S '%v' galaxy/libsodium)-$(uname -m).pkg.tar.xz